Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What to Wear for Fall Family Photos

With every booking I get asked the same question - "What should we wear?" It's a tough answer mostly because there's a lot you can wear, and it really does depend on your taste. First off, I don't think you need to go out and buy the whole family all new outfits. Here's my guide for picking out your clothes for a fall photo shoot...

1. This is my first suggestion because it's my favorite. Dress in layers, which is easy to do in the Fall. I don't mean like a lot of layers, wear your favorite top and then throw on a cardigan, leather jacket, poncho, scarf, etc. This way you can get a quick dress change and not all your pictures look the same.  Plus when you dress in layers you look more "put together". There are plenty options for boys too - it can be a sweater vest, cardigan, or hoodie.

2. Don't be too matchy-matchy.  That's not the same as coordinating. Matching everyone takes away individual personality, plus it doesn't look very natural.

3. Wear clothes that fit you! Nothing baggy - it won't look flattering. You want your clothes to actually fit you because that's when it does look the most flattering and doesn't have malfunctions like your bra strap showing, or a button popping. Wear something you are confident in! You will be comfortable and able to pose more naturally.

So there you have it! My personal suggestions when going to select your outfits for your upcoming fall photo session. Mix it up, have fun with it. Lay out all your outfits together and make sure they compliment each other - but aren't matchy-matchy ;)

I leave you with my hand selected picks of "complimentary" fall colored pieces. All can be found at Old Navy, Gap, or Banana Republic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips